July 4 – 14, 2017
Led by Geshe Tenzin Namdak
This is an intensive 11-day ADVANCED study course! As a prerequisite we highly recommend having done at least an Introduction to Buddhism courses AND an intermediate course or other studies.
Knowing about the mind, the ultimate nature of reality and our spiritual path to liberation and enlightenment are essential points for the elimination of suffering and the generation of temporary and ultimate happiness. This course will help us to understand our mind and how to train in the various types of valid cognition, leading up to the wisdom of reality. It will cover the main points of the different types of consciousness, awarenesses and knowers (Lorig), the four noble truths and the paths to liberation and enlightenment (Grounds and Paths, Salam).
- Explanation of the Presentation of Object & Object Possessors as well as Awarenesses & Knowers, by Pur-bu-jok, translated by Elizabeth Napper; FPMT Education Department.
- Overview sheets of mind and mental factors, ground and paths, tenets, view of emptiness provided by Tenzin Namdak
- Great Treatise on the Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, Lama Tsong Khapa 3 volumes, The Lamrim Chenmo Translation Committee, Joshua W.C. Cutler, Editor-in-Chief, Guy Newland, Editor, Ithaca, New York, U.S.A., Snow Lion Publications, 2000-2004
- A Necklace for Those of Clear Awareness Clearly Revealing the Modes of Minds and Mental Factors, Yeshe Gyeltsen, Translated from Tibetan by Toh Sze Gee, FPMT, 2005
- Grounds and Paths, by Jetsun Chokyi Gyaltsen, translated by William Magee, Ph.D; FPMT Education Department.
- Presentation of Tenets, by Jetsun Chokyi Gyaltsen, translated by FPMT Education Department.
- Cutting through Appearances, Practice and Theory of Tibetan Buddhism,
- Geshe Lhundrub Sopa and Jeffrey Hopkins, Snow Lion Publications, Ithaca, New York, U.S.A., 1989
- Mind in Tibetan Buddhism, Oral Commentary on Ge-shay Jam-bel-sam-pel’s Presentation of Awareness and Knowledge Composite of All the Important Points Opener of the Eye of New Intelligence, Lati Rinbochay and Elizabeth Napper, Snow Lion Publications, Ithaca, New York, U.S.A., 1986
For more information about Intermediate Courses, including a typical schedule and how to register, please see our Intermediate Course Page.