- About Us
- Event Calendar
- Introduction to Buddhism Courses
- Intermediate Level Courses
- Group Retreats
- Drop-In Sessions
- Short Courses
- Pre-Ordination Course
- Personal Retreat
- Discovering Buddhism
- Being Here
- Latest News
- Archived News
- Latest Reports
- Archived Reports
Monsoon 2013 started early, ended late and made its presence felt throughout.
It was one of the longest and heaviest monsoons in recent memory and many other parts of Northern India experienced terrible flooding.
Thankfully, the Dharamsala area, and Himachal Pradesh in general, escaped the worst of it and apart from a small land-slip at the edge of the property, we only had to experience a magnification of monsoon’s misty inconveniences and our courses continued unaffected. As can be imagined, we were all feeling a bit mouldy by the time monsoon finally ended and sunshine resumed in OCTOBER, almost a month later than normal!
- Guided Meditation on April 25, 2017 9:30 am
- Movie Day on April 28, 2017 2:00 pm
- Guru Puja on May 5, 2017 6:30 pm
- Introduction to Buddhism on May 9, 2017
- Special Lam Rim Retreat on May 10, 2017
- Medicine Buddha Puja on May 10, 2017
- Introduction to Buddhism on May 29, 2017
- Saka Dawa on June 9, 2017
- The Two Truths on June 14, 2017
- Introduction to Buddhism on June 15, 2017
Tushita is a centre for the study and practice of Buddhism from the Tibetan Mahayana tradition. We're located in Northern India, in the forested hills above the town of McLeod Ganj, Dharamsala - the seat in exile of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
Tushita aims to provide a friendly and conducive environment for people of all nationalities and backgrounds to learn about and put into practice the teachings of the Buddha. With this in mind we offer regular drop-in events and courses on introductory Buddhist philosophy and meditation, as well as intermediate level courses and group retreats for more experienced students.
February to November
Monday - Saturday
9:30 - 11:30am
a break for lunch and then...
12:30 - 4:00pm