- About Us
- Event Calendar
- Introduction to Buddhism Courses
- Intermediate Level Courses
- Group Retreats
- Drop-In Sessions
- Short Courses
- Pre-Ordination Course
- Personal Retreat
- Discovering Buddhism
- Being Here
March 16 2014 was the Tibetan festival day of Chotrul Duchen, the full moon day that marks the end of the 15 Days of Miracles and this day is considered to be very auspicious for practice.
Buddhists and admirers of His Holiness the Dalai Lama in the McLeod Ganj area (including Tushita’s staff, volunteers and students from the Introduction to Buddhism course that ended the previous day), had a miraculous morning, spent in His Holiness’ company, when He gave His annual teaching on “The Jataka Tales” at the Main Temple downtown.
To celebrate the Chotrol Duchen, after His Holiness’ teaching we had a special program at Tushita:
As part of the “15 Days of Miracles” following Losar, we had a group recitation of The Golden Light Sutra (in English) at 1pm every day between March 2 – 16. This year, the Sutra of Golden Light was recited at various places around the world, making Tushita part of a worldwide community celebration!
Our final “Golden Light Sutra” recitation concluded with a group reading was held on Chotrul Duchen and after this Geshe Tsering Choepel gave a public teaching entitled “What the Buddha taught”. Geshe-la is a teacher at Namgyal Monastery, His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s monastery in McLeod Ganj. This teaching was in Tibetan, with translation into English by the leader of the current P.O.C. (Pre-Ordination Course), Venerable Namdak.
That evening the P.O.C. held a Medicine Buddha Puja, followed by a Light Offering at Lama Yeshe’s Stupa.
Merit Multiplied – EMAHO!
- Guided Meditation Every day except Sunday. Next session will be on October 27, 2014 9:30 am
- Movie Day Every Monday & Friday, next on October 27, 2014 2:00 pm
- Introduction to Buddhism 10 day course begins on October 30, 2014 1:00 pm
- Green Tara Retreat Group deity practice retreat begins on October 31, 2014 1:00 pm
- Guru Puja on November 2, 2014 6:30 pm
- M.B. Puja on November 6, 2014 4:00 pm
- HH the Dalai Lama teaches locally! on November 11, 2014
- Lhabab Duechen on November 13, 2014
- Introduction to Buddhism 10 day course begins on November 17, 2014 1:00 pm
- Winter Break begins on November 30, 2014
Tushita is a centre for the study and practice of Buddhism from the Tibetan Mahayana tradition. We're located in Northern India, in the forested hills above the town of McLeod Ganj, Dharamsala - the seat in exile of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
Tushita aims to provide a friendly and conducive environment for people of all nationalities and backgrounds to learn about and put into practice the teachings of the Buddha. With this in mind we offer regular drop-in events and courses on introductory Buddhist philosophy and meditation, as well as intermediate level courses and group retreats for more experienced students.
February to November
Monday - Saturday
9:30 - 11:30am
a break for lunch and then...
12:30 - 4:00pm