- About Us
- Event Calendar
- Introduction to Buddhism Courses
- Intermediate Level Courses
- Group Retreats
- Drop-In Sessions
- Short Courses
- Pre-Ordination Course
- Personal Retreat
- Discovering Buddhism
- Being Here
- Latest News
- Archived News
- Latest Reports
- Archived Reports
Tibetan Year of the Fire Monkey
Here is an overview of our 2016 schedule, which you can now also find on our calendar page. To find out more about each, including how to register, follow the links!
- February 29 – March 9 led by Venerable Drolma
- April 4 – 13 led by Venerable Tony Beaumont
- April 21 – 30 led by Venerable Lozang Drolma
- May 10 – 19 led by Venerable Tony Beaumont
- May 25 – June 3 led by Venerable Lozang Drolma
- June 7 – 9 HH the Dalai Lama public teaching
- June 16 – 25 led by Venerable Tony Beaumont
- July 2 – 11 led by Venerable Tengyur (in Tibetan with translation into English)
- July 18 – 27 led by Geshe Tenzin Namdak
- August 1 – 10 led by Venerable Namjong
- August 17 – 26 led by Venerable Namjong
- August 29 – September 1 HH the Dalai Lama public teaching
- September 10 – 19 led by Glen Svensson
- September 26 – October 5 led by Venerable Robina Courtin
- October 3 – 6 HH the Dalai Lama public teaching
- October 8 – 17 led by Glen Svensson
- October 22 – 31 led by Venerable Drolma
- November 7 – 15 (9-day) led by Jimi Neal
- November 21 – 30 led by Venerable Drolma
- April 5 – 13: Insight into Emptiness led by Venerable Drolma
- June 15 – 25: Bodhicitta led by Geshe Kelsang Wangmo
- September 27 – October 5: The Gelug Tradition of Mahamudra led by Glen Svensson
- October 9 – 17: How to Enjoy Death led by Venerable Robina Courtin
- October 23 – 31: The 7–Point Mind Training led by Glen Svensson
- November 8 – 15: Buddhist Practices led by Venerable Drolma
- April 22 – 30: Medicine Buddha Retreat led by Venerable Tony Beaumont
- May 5 – 22: A Series of 8 Nyung Nay Retreats
- May 26 – June 3: Special Lam Rim Retreat led by Venerable Tony Beaumont
- September 11 – 19: Chenrezig Retreat led by Jimi Neal
- November 22 – 30: Green Tara Retreat led by Jimi Neal
Special Guest Teachers (and more events on short notice…)
- March 14 – 25: Geshe Dorji Damdul’s Special Study Retreat: The Four Seals, Bodhicitta and Wisdom of Emptiness
- March 30 & 31: Jetzunma Tenzin Palmo “Lama Atisha’s Root Verses of Mind Transformation”
- April 15 – 17: Gen Gyatso “Three Principal Aspects of the Path” (3-day non-residential course)
- May 5: Khyongla Rato Rinpoche “Bodhicitta – The Mind of Enlightenment”
- May 11: Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche “Dealing with Disturbing Emotions” (Tushita venue for event as requested by local Tergar Meditation group)
- May 25: Yangten Rinpoche “Chenrezig Retreat” as requested by large Vietnamese group
- September 2 – 7: Geshe Lhakdor “Dealing with Destructive Emotions” (6-day residential course)
Tibetan Buddhist Festival days
When you can expect a special program of non-residential events.
- February 9: Losar
- February 22: Chotrul Duechen
- May 21: Saka Dawa Duechen
- August 6: Chokhor Duechen
- November 20: Lhabab Duechen
Our winterbreak lasts until February 28th
Drop-in events remain ongoing throughout our 10-month season, as advertised.
The first half of 2017
We can only make our schedule in 6-month blocks since we are limited by teacher availability, and we also plan our courses around the local teaching dates of His Holiness the Dalai Lama (we do NOT organise these teachings, please see HHDL’s own website for futher information) and so we must wait until HHDL’s teaching schedule is announced and finalized.
Therefore, the schedule for the first half of 2017 (February-July) will be published around September 2016. This is also when registration for our courses and group retreats will open.
Meanwhile for a general guideline of what to expect in 2017 please refer to the 2016 program on this page above and to When to Visit.
Remember that we are always closed in December & January for our annual Winter Break.
Keep an eye on this calendar for more information, and please use our website as your first source of information for course dates and information.
We are very attentive to keeping our website updated and publish any changes here as soon as we have any courses or events confirmed. If you email us to ask for information, we won’t be able to tell you anything more than you’d find here (so if it’s not on the calendar, that means we don’t know yet!).
Many Thanks for your patience and understanding!
- Guided Meditation on April 25, 2017 9:30 am
- Movie Day on April 28, 2017 2:00 pm
- Guru Puja on May 5, 2017 6:30 pm
- Introduction to Buddhism on May 9, 2017
- Special Lam Rim Retreat on May 10, 2017
- Medicine Buddha Puja on May 10, 2017
- Introduction to Buddhism on May 29, 2017
- Saka Dawa on June 9, 2017
- The Two Truths on June 14, 2017
- Introduction to Buddhism on June 15, 2017
Tushita is a centre for the study and practice of Buddhism from the Tibetan Mahayana tradition. We're located in Northern India, in the forested hills above the town of McLeod Ganj, Dharamsala - the seat in exile of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
Tushita aims to provide a friendly and conducive environment for people of all nationalities and backgrounds to learn about and put into practice the teachings of the Buddha. With this in mind we offer regular drop-in events and courses on introductory Buddhist philosophy and meditation, as well as intermediate level courses and group retreats for more experienced students.
February to November
Monday - Saturday
9:30 - 11:30am
a break for lunch and then...
12:30 - 4:00pm