- About Us
- Event Calendar
- Introduction to Buddhism Courses
- Intermediate Level Courses
- Group Retreats
- Drop-In Sessions
- Short Courses
- Pre-Ordination Course
- Personal Retreat
- Discovering Buddhism
- Being Here
- Latest News
- Archived News
- Latest Reports
- Archived Reports
Tibetan Year of the Fire Bird / Rooster
Here is an overview of our 2017 schedule, which you can now also find on our calendar page. To find out more about each, including how to register, follow the links!
- February 14 – 23 led by Venerable Drolma
- March 2 – 11 led by Venerable Drolma
- March 20 – 29 led by Venerable Tony Beaumont
- April 6 – 15 led by Venerable Drolma
- April 22 – May 1 led by Venerable Tony Beaumont
- May 9 – 18 led by Venerable Drolma
- May 29 – June 7 led by Venerable Tony Beaumont
- June 15 – 24 led by Geshe Tenzin Namdak
- April 23 – May 1: Insight into Emptiness led by Venerable Drolma
- June 14 – 24: The Two Truths led by Geshe Kelsang Wangmo
- July 4 – 14: Mind and Reality led by Geshe Tenzin Namdak
- March 21 – 29: The Buddhist Path to Healing: The Medicine Buddha Retreat led by Venerable Drolma
- April 7 – 15: Eight Verses of Thought Transformation / Chenrezig Retreat led by Venerable Tony Beaumont
- May 10 – 18: Special Lam Rim Retreat led by Venerable Tony Beaumont
- May 24 – June 10: A Series of 8 Nyung Nay Retreats
- June 26 – September 30: The 3-month Vajrasattva Group Retreat
Tibetan Buddhist Festival days
When you can expect a special program of non-residential events.
- February 27: Losar
- February 27 – March 12: Days of Miracles
- March 12: Chotrul Duechen
- June 9: Saka Dawa Duechen
- July 27: Chokhor Duechen
- November 10: Lhabab Duechen
Our winterbreak begins on December 1st, 2017.
Drop-in events remain ongoing throughout our 10-month season, as advertised.
The second half of 2017
We can only make our schedule in 6-month blocks since we are limited by teacher availability, and we also plan our courses around the local teaching dates of His Holiness the Dalai Lama (we do NOT organise these teachings, please see HHDL’s own website for futher information) and so we must wait until HHDL’s teaching schedule is announced and finalized.
Therefore, the schedule for the second half of 2017 (July – November) will be published around April 2017. This is also when registration for our courses and group retreats will open.
Meanwhile for a general guideline of what to expect please refer to When to Visit.
Remember that we are always closed in December & January for our annual Winter Break.
Keep an eye on this calendar for more information, and please use our website as your first source of information for course dates and information.
We are very attentive to keeping our website updated and publish any changes here as soon as we have any courses or events confirmed. If you email us to ask for information, we won’t be able to tell you anything more than you’d find here (so if it’s not on the calendar, that means we don’t know yet!).
Many Thanks for your patience and understanding!
- Guided Meditation on February 20, 2017 9:30 am
- Movie Day on February 20, 2017 2:00 pm
- Losar on February 27, 2017
- Sutra of Golden Light Reading on February 27, 2017
- Introduction to Buddhism on March 2, 2017
- Guru Puja on March 7, 2017 6:30 pm
- Chotrul Duchen on March 12, 2017
- Medicine Buddha Puja on March 12, 2017
- Introduction to Buddhism on March 20, 2017
- Introduction to Buddhism on April 6, 2017
Tushita is a centre for the study and practice of Buddhism from the Tibetan Mahayana tradition. We're located in Northern India, in the forested hills above the town of McLeod Ganj, Dharamsala - the seat in exile of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
Tushita aims to provide a friendly and conducive environment for people of all nationalities and backgrounds to learn about and put into practice the teachings of the Buddha. With this in mind we offer regular drop-in events and courses on introductory Buddhist philosophy and meditation, as well as intermediate level courses and group retreats for more experienced students.
February to November
Monday - Saturday
9:30 - 11:30am
a break for lunch and then...
12:30 - 4:00pm