- About Us
- Event Calendar
- Introduction to Buddhism Courses
- Intermediate Level Courses
- Group Retreats
- Drop-In Sessions
- Short Courses
- Pre-Ordination Course
- Personal Retreat
- Discovering Buddhism
- Being Here
- Latest News
- Archived News
- Latest Reports
- Archived Reports
The Main Meditation Hall
Tushita’s beautiful new Gompa (Meditation Hall) building was finished in 2008.
Now we need help to realise Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s wishes and fill the gompa with an array of holy objects and to complete the decorative painting.
In March 2008, when Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche was asked what he thought of the new Gompa, the response was… “just perfect”.
Since then, with your help, we’ve been able to make many practical and aesthetic improvements to the Gompa, including many new meditation cushions (large and small!), altar cloths and brocades, and a fantastic new sound system.
In March 2010, Lama Zopa Rinpoche was able to fulfill His long-held wish to lead a Hayagriva retreat in Tushita’s new Gompa building, with 140 students! In addition, Tushita holds around 15 courses a year in this Gompa, with several hundred new Dharma students present annually, not including all our many day visitors.
For more information about Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s vast painting vision please click here.
For further details, please contact Tushita’s Director on email@example.com
A big Thank You from Tushita!
- Guided Meditation on March 27, 2017 9:30 am
- Movie Day on March 27, 2017 2:00 pm
- Introduction to Buddhism on April 6, 2017
- Guru Puja on April 6, 2017 6:30 pm
- Eight Verses of Thought Transformation / Chenrezig Retreat on April 7, 2017
- Medicine Buddha Puja on April 11, 2017
- Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo – Wheel of Life on April 18, 2017
- Introduction to Buddhism on April 22, 2017
- Insight Into Emptiness on April 23, 2017
- Introduction to Buddhism on May 9, 2017
Tushita is a centre for the study and practice of Buddhism from the Tibetan Mahayana tradition. We're located in Northern India, in the forested hills above the town of McLeod Ganj, Dharamsala - the seat in exile of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
Tushita aims to provide a friendly and conducive environment for people of all nationalities and backgrounds to learn about and put into practice the teachings of the Buddha. With this in mind we offer regular drop-in events and courses on introductory Buddhist philosophy and meditation, as well as intermediate level courses and group retreats for more experienced students.
February to November
Monday - Saturday
9:30 - 11:30am
a break for lunch and then...
12:30 - 4:00pm