- About Us
- Event Calendar
- Introduction to Buddhism Courses
- Intermediate Level Courses
- Group Retreats
- Drop-In Sessions
- Short Courses
- Pre-Ordination Course
- Personal Retreat
- Discovering Buddhism
- Being Here
- Latest News
- Archived News
- Latest Reports
- Archived Reports
Our Wish List
Even if it’s something that seems unrealistic right now, when you have a dream, it’s worth putting it out there and seeing what comes back…
So in the spirit of generosity and recycling, here is a list of objects that Tushita would find very useful, and intend to make good use of in the service of the Dharma. If you happen have one or more of these items lying around un-used and in good condition at home or in your backpack, and which you would be happy to donate/transport here, we would be delighted to hear from you!
Big, expensive, crazy-dream things:
- A Dslr(camera) which records High Definition Video as well as shoots high quality still images. Models like the Canon 100D or Canon 700D which have an EXTERNAL MICROPHONE INPUT. Preferably a Canon due to the availability of a higher number of users here in India, thus leading to more service centers. A camera with just the basic kit lens would perfectly cater to our needs. For eg. the 18-55 lens.
Smaller, possibly possible day-dreamy things
- Color Printer: Again, Nothing too fancy. Something that is easy to use and can be used long term.
Our excellent library is always happy to grow! We’d be very happy to receive more books on Buddhism. We have put together a list of books that we’d like to have, with those that are hard to get in India at the top of the list. You can see this Library Wishlist here.
We’d also very much like to expand our collection of books in languages other than English. If you’re coming from a place where English is not natively spoken, perhaps you’d consider bringing us a book on Buddhism in your language? Anything on our recommended reading list would be ideal.
- Donations large or small to help us keep running, and to help our special projects.
- Enthusiastic, capable Volunteers.
- Students with keen interest and open minds!
We do have a mailing address which you can see here, but the postal service here is unreliable and delivery is not guaranteed! In most cases it’s OK and you’re welcome to try (only recommended if the item is not so expensive), but the very best way to get anything here is by hand-delivery.
If you or someone you know is planning to come here then that’s easy – if not, get in touch with us on email@example.com and we can try to find someone who is coming from overseas, and co-ordinate with them.
Many, many thanks for taking the time to read through this page!
- Guided Meditation on February 20, 2017 9:30 am
- Movie Day on February 20, 2017 2:00 pm
- Losar on February 27, 2017
- Sutra of Golden Light Reading on February 27, 2017
- Introduction to Buddhism on March 2, 2017
- Guru Puja on March 7, 2017 6:30 pm
- Chotrul Duchen on March 12, 2017
- Medicine Buddha Puja on March 12, 2017
- Introduction to Buddhism on March 20, 2017
- Introduction to Buddhism on April 6, 2017
Tushita is a centre for the study and practice of Buddhism from the Tibetan Mahayana tradition. We're located in Northern India, in the forested hills above the town of McLeod Ganj, Dharamsala - the seat in exile of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
Tushita aims to provide a friendly and conducive environment for people of all nationalities and backgrounds to learn about and put into practice the teachings of the Buddha. With this in mind we offer regular drop-in events and courses on introductory Buddhist philosophy and meditation, as well as intermediate level courses and group retreats for more experienced students.
February to November
Monday - Saturday
9:30 - 11:30am
a break for lunch and then...
12:30 - 4:00pm