- About Us
- Event Calendar
- Introduction to Buddhism Courses
- Intermediate Level Courses
- Group Retreats
- Drop-In Sessions
- Kalachakra 2014
- Short Courses
- Pre-Ordination Course
- Personal Retreat
- Discovering Buddhism
- Being Here
Tushita Meditation Centre is a centre for the study and practice of Buddhism from the Tibetan Mahayana tradition. We’re located on a forested mountain slope at an altitude of 2100m (7000ft) in the Dhauladhar range, above the town of McLeod Ganj - the seat in exile of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama – in Himachal Pradesh, Northern India, the beautiful foothills of the Himalayas.
Tushita aims to provide a friendly and conducive environment for people of all nationalities and backgrounds to learn about and put into practice the teachings of the Buddha. With this in mind we organize regular introductory courses on Buddhist philosophy and meditation, as well as intermediate level courses and group retreats for experienced students. You can see more about what we offer on the menu bar above.
Tushita was established in 1972 by Lama Thubten Yeshe, a highly qualified teacher in the Tibetan Buddhist tradition. Since Lama Yeshe’s passing away in 1984, his main student Lama Zopa Rinpoche has been the spiritual director of Tushita and the FPMT (Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition).
Our teachings, meditations and practices are based on the tradition of Lama Tsong Khapa of Tibet (the Gelugpa School of Tibetan Buddhism), as taught to us by Lama Thubten Yeshe and Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
Tushita is a centre pending affiliation with the FPMT - a network of 160 meditation centres and social service projects dedicated to benefitting others in 36 countries around the world. You can see more about the FPMT’s international centres here.
For more information about the FPMT, Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa Rinpoche, please visit www.fpmt.org.
We’d like to thank the photographers who so generously donated their time and images to this website. Among many others, they are:
Neville Delmar, Ahmed Bhagat, Uros Crnkovic, Rafael Kerekes, Ruth Post, Maya Toledano, Jillian Bole and Kiko Llopis.
May all beings see such beauty everywhere!
- Guided Meditation Every day except Sunday. Next session will be on September 3, 2014 9:30 am
- Guru Puja on September 4, 2014 6:30 pm
- Healing the Aching Heart – Gen Gyatso teaching 3-day non-residential course starts on September 5, 2014
- Movie Day Every Monday & Friday, next on September 8, 2014 2:00 pm
- Introduction to Buddhism 10 day course begins on September 9, 2014 1:00 pm
- M.B. Puja on September 9, 2014 4:00 pm
- Preliminary Practice Intermediate course begins on September 10, 2014 1:00 pm
- HH the Dalai Lama teaches locally! on September 24, 2014
- Introduction to Buddhism 10 day course begins on September 27, 2014 1:00 pm
- Chenrezig Tonglen Retreat Deity Practice retreat begins on September 28, 2014 1:00 pm
Tushita is a centre for the study and practice of Buddhism from the Tibetan Mahayana tradition. We're located in Northern India, in the forested hills above the town of McLeod Ganj, Dharamsala - the seat in exile of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
Tushita aims to provide a friendly and conducive environment for people of all nationalities and backgrounds to learn about and put into practice the teachings of the Buddha. With this in mind we offer regular drop-in events and courses on introductory Buddhist philosophy and meditation, as well as intermediate level courses and group retreats for more experienced students.
February to November
Monday - Saturday
9:30 - 11:30am
a break for lunch and then...
12:30 - 4:00pm