- About Us
- Event Calendar
- Introduction to Buddhism Courses
- Intermediate Level Courses
- Group Retreats
- Drop-In Sessions
- Short Courses
- Pre-Ordination Course
- Personal Retreat
- Discovering Buddhism
- Being Here
- Latest News
- Archived News
- Latest Reports
- Archived Reports
Tushita serves a tasty & healthy blend of Indian, Tibetan and Western vegetarian meals, three times per day. Typical meals are…
- Breakfast: porridge (without milk), a piece of fruit, homemade bread, butter and peanut butter, honey or jam.
Drinks: Hot water and milk
- Lunch (this is our main meal of the day): rice, dahl (lentil stew), a vegetable dish, salad and fruit.
Drinks: Hot water
- Dinner: vegetable soup, homemade bread, butter and peanut butter, honey or jam.
Drinks: Hot water and milk tea (chai)
Safe filtered drinking water is available 24 hours a day, milk tea (chai) is also served in the afternoon and there are always tea bags (black tea) for you to make your own tea.
Considering the large number of people we cook for, as well as the very wide variety of food allergies/preferences, we unfortunately are NOT able to provide for special dietary needs. This includes vegan, dairy, gluten, lactose and wheat allergies.
Bear in mind that this is India, and supplementary goods that may be easily available where you live are either non-existent or very expensive here.
Please don’t put us in the position of saying no by asking for special arrangements.
To help you to decide whether you will be able to eat the food offered at Tushita, here is some more information about our all-vegetarian meals:
Some of our dishes contain wheat, dairy, nuts, soy or other ingredients which may cause allergic reactions in some people, and occasionally baked products may contain eggs. Almost all of our dishes contain at least a small amount of oil, spices, salt and/or sugar.
For those who would like to take the Eight Mahayana Precepts, our meals will usually not contain ‘black foods’ (meat, fish, eggs, onions, garlic and radishes), so they are ‘precept safe’. Those dishes which do contain these ingredients will be labeled.
- Guided Meditation on April 29, 2017 9:30 am
- Movie Day on May 1, 2017 2:00 pm
- Guru Puja on May 5, 2017 6:30 pm
- Introduction to Buddhism on May 9, 2017
- Special Lam Rim Retreat on May 10, 2017
- Medicine Buddha Puja on May 10, 2017
- Introduction to Buddhism on May 29, 2017
- HH the Dalai Lama public teaching on June 5, 2017 6:30 am
- Saka Dawa on June 9, 2017
- The Two Truths on June 14, 2017
Tushita is a centre for the study and practice of Buddhism from the Tibetan Mahayana tradition. We're located in Northern India, in the forested hills above the town of McLeod Ganj, Dharamsala - the seat in exile of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
Tushita aims to provide a friendly and conducive environment for people of all nationalities and backgrounds to learn about and put into practice the teachings of the Buddha. With this in mind we offer regular drop-in events and courses on introductory Buddhist philosophy and meditation, as well as intermediate level courses and group retreats for more experienced students.
February to November
Monday - Saturday
9:30 - 11:30am
a break for lunch and then...
12:30 - 4:00pm