June 9, 2017
Saka Dawa is the most important Tibetan Buddhist festival day – celebrating Shakyamuni Buddha’s birth, enlightenment and parinirvana!
Please feel very welcome to join us at Tushita on this special day. We will have following program::
Open Drop-In Sessions:
- 9:30 – 10:30am Guided Meditation
- 1:00 – 2.00pm Movie screening of “The Life of Buddha” – Excellent BBC documentary
- 2:30 – 3:30pm Reading of Golden Light Sutra
- 4:00 – 5:30pm Medicine Buddha Puja
- 7:30pm Guided Meditation & Light Offering at Lama Yeshe’s Stupa
Anyone is welcome to drop in for any session! No registration needed and by donation.
And remember! On Saka Dawa karmic results are multiplied by one hundred million times!!!
as cited by Lama Zopa Rinpoche from the Vinaya text: Treasure of Quotations and Logic.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche’s recommended practices for this special day: