- About Us
- Event Calendar
- Introduction to Buddhism Courses
- Intermediate Level Courses
- Group Retreats
- Drop-In Sessions
- Short Courses
- Pre-Ordination Course
- Personal Retreat
- Discovering Buddhism
- Being Here
- Latest News
- Archived News
- Latest Reports
- Archived Reports
We welcome you to visit Tushita’s extensive library of items for loan and sale!
Come and browse through our collection of books, journals, audio tapes, teaching transcripts, sadhanas, and practices. There is also a wide selection of videos on Buddhist philosophy, including the 13 part FPMT Discovering Buddhism series, available to watch.
Library Books: Tushita’s library contains approximately 4,000 books covering a wide range of subjects, including:
- Buddhist philosophy (Mahayana, Vajrayana, Lam Rim, Theravada, Zen, Chinese)
- Lojong (mind training)
- Mahayana prayer books
- Kopan Monastery November Course notes
- Texts relating Buddhism with science, the environment, psychology, and sociology
- Comparative and world religions (Hinduism, Christianity, and others)
- Iconography, photography and art
- Pilgrimage and travel
- Tibetan culture and politics
- Indian culture
- Medicine, yoga, and fitness
- Non-Buddhist miscellaneous
- Foreign language dictionaries
- Foreign language Buddhist texts (French, German, Spanish, Italian, Hebrew, and others)
- Videos/DVD’s on Buddhist Philosophy: Tushita has a growing collection of Dharma videos/DVD’s, including teachings given by His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Lama Yeshe, Lama Zopa Rinpoche, Ven. Tenzin Palmo and others. You can also watch one of our many contemporary Videos/DVD’s, e.g. Heart of Tibet, Kundun, Tibetan Book of the Dead, Windhorse, Seven Years in Tibet, The Cup, Little Buddha.
- Teachings on audio tape: Tushita also has a collection of approximately 250 teachings on audio tape. These include teachings given by His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Lama Yehse and Lama Zopa Rinpoche (founders of Tushita and the FPMT), Kirti Tsenshab Rinpoche, Denmo Locho Rinpoche, and many others.
- Journals: Tushita also houses a small collection of Buddhist and non-Buddhist journals.
- Buddhist books & texts (on philosophy, meditation, lojong “mind training”), biographies, prayer books)
- Teaching transcripts
- Sadhanas and practices
- Posters and cards of Buddhist deities and teachers
- Dharma DVDs & CDs
You may borrow up to two items from Tushita’s library at a time. Each item may be borrowed for a maximum of three weeks.
There is a 600Rs deposit required for each book borrowed. The required deposit for tapes, transcripts and magazines is 50 Rs each, CD’s & DVD’s 250 Rs each.
There is a 10 Rs loan fee each week for each item. If the item is not returned after 3 weeks, then a late fee of 10Rs will be incurred each day.
PLEASE remember to return books/items before you leave the area. Books marked “For Reference Only” are not for loan.
Monday – Saturday
9:30 – 11:30
12:30 – 16:00
Suggested Reading List
- Guided Meditation on April 28, 2017 9:30 am
- Movie Day on April 28, 2017 2:00 pm
- Guru Puja on May 5, 2017 6:30 pm
- Introduction to Buddhism on May 9, 2017
- Special Lam Rim Retreat on May 10, 2017
- Medicine Buddha Puja on May 10, 2017
- Introduction to Buddhism on May 29, 2017
- HH the Dalai Lama public teaching on June 5, 2017 6:30 am
- Saka Dawa on June 9, 2017
- The Two Truths on June 14, 2017
Tushita is a centre for the study and practice of Buddhism from the Tibetan Mahayana tradition. We're located in Northern India, in the forested hills above the town of McLeod Ganj, Dharamsala - the seat in exile of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
Tushita aims to provide a friendly and conducive environment for people of all nationalities and backgrounds to learn about and put into practice the teachings of the Buddha. With this in mind we offer regular drop-in events and courses on introductory Buddhist philosophy and meditation, as well as intermediate level courses and group retreats for more experienced students.
February to November
Monday - Saturday
9:30 - 11:30am
a break for lunch and then...
12:30 - 4:00pm