- About Us
- Event Calendar
- Introduction to Buddhism Courses
- Intermediate Level Courses
- Group Retreats
- Drop-In Sessions
- Short Courses
- Pre-Ordination Course
- Personal Retreat
- Discovering Buddhism
- Being Here
- Latest News
- Archived News
- Latest Reports
- Archived Reports
On Mondays and Fridays at 2pm, Tushita offers screenings of Movies and Documentaries with themes related to Buddhism. These sessions usually last around 60 to 90 minutes.
Mondays – Tushita offers screenings of the Discovering Buddhism video series.
Fridays – we show popular Dharma movies and documentaries.
- All Welcome – you don’t have to register, just pop in!
- The Movie Day venue changes depending on what’s happening on the day – we’ll put signs to point you in the right direction (or ask in the reception office).
- Please try to keep silence on while you’re at Tushita, there will probably be course in progress.
- We welcome your donations – there will be a donation box in the screening room for the practice of generosity!
Many thanks for your support!
- Guided Meditation on February 20, 2017 9:30 am
- Movie Day on February 20, 2017 2:00 pm
- Losar on February 27, 2017
- Sutra of Golden Light Reading on February 27, 2017
- Introduction to Buddhism on March 2, 2017
- Guru Puja on March 7, 2017 6:30 pm
- Chotrul Duchen on March 12, 2017
- Medicine Buddha Puja on March 12, 2017
- Introduction to Buddhism on March 20, 2017
- Introduction to Buddhism on April 6, 2017
Tushita is a centre for the study and practice of Buddhism from the Tibetan Mahayana tradition. We're located in Northern India, in the forested hills above the town of McLeod Ganj, Dharamsala - the seat in exile of His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama.
Tushita aims to provide a friendly and conducive environment for people of all nationalities and backgrounds to learn about and put into practice the teachings of the Buddha. With this in mind we offer regular drop-in events and courses on introductory Buddhist philosophy and meditation, as well as intermediate level courses and group retreats for more experienced students.
February to November
Monday - Saturday
9:30 - 11:30am
a break for lunch and then...
12:30 - 4:00pm